Paris Hilton, Sarah Silverman Vie for the Same Honor
The 13th annual Webby Awards salute the best the Internet has to offer
Just when it seemed awards season had been put to rest, along comes the Oscars of the Internet, the 13th Annual Webby Awards Celebrity Nominees, which were revealed Tuesday.
Singling out the Web work of such personalities as Sarah Silverman, Jimmy Fallon and Paris Hilton, the Webby Awards honor online excellence, encompassing Web sites, film and video, interactive ads and mobile Web sites.
Among the celebrity-site nominees:
• Prop 8 – The Musical (Best Writing and Best Comedy Individual Episode Nominee)
Funny or Die‘s video showcasing supporters and non-supporters of California’s Prop 8 on the November ballot features Jack Black, John C. Reilly, Maya Rudolph, Allison Janney, Neil Patrick Harris, Rashida Jones and more.
• Children’s Hospital (3 nominations: Best Comedy Individual Episode, Best Comedy Series and Best Individual Performance for Rob Corddry)
A Web series featuring the antics of a children’s hospital staff stars Megan Mullaly, Rob Corddry, Ed Elms, Lake Bell and more.
• Paris Hilton Response to McCain Ad (Best Individual Short or Episode Nominee)
In response to Senator John McCain’s presidential ad campaign, this video features a humorous Hilton with her views on politics.
• The Great Schlep (News and Politics: Best Individual Episode Nominee)
Sarah Silverman’s satiric plea to young Jewish-Americans to encourage their grandparents in Florida to vote for Barack Obama.
• Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (Best Variety Nominee)
The show’s Web site features original comedy brought to you by show bloggers and writers, and of behind-the-scenes content of the show.
With voting by the public taking place through April 30, ballots may be obtained here.