Oprah Winfrey Shares One of Her Favorite, Freshest Cocktails
"Friends come to stay for a week and know that there will be a different drink on the porch for us every night," Oprah says
What better way to dive into summer than with a light cocktail, courtesy of Oprah‘s recommendation?
“Friends come to stay for a week and know that there will be a different drink (with alcohol or without) waiting for us on the porch every night at sunset,” Oprah says.
Click after the jump to get the recipe for what Oprah calls one of the “freshest cocktails I’ve ever tasted.”
Watermelon Mint Martini
6 mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
1 tbsp. simple syrup
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 cup watermelon cubes
½ cup vodka
• Place mint leaves, simple syrup and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker; muddle the mint, pressing and twisting to release its oils.
• Add watermelon cubes and muddle until they are juiced.
• Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously until very cold.
• Strain into 2 chilled martini glasses.
• Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.