Larry Busacca/Getty
June 20, 2015 11:15 AM

Olivia Culpo, speaking out for the first time since her split with longtime boyfriend Nick Jonas became public earlier this week, said she’s heartbroken but “going to be okay.”

She wrote in an Instagram post late Friday: “Your heart just breaks, that’s all. Heartbreak is hard but you find more and more things to be grateful for every day. One of those things is all of you.

“Thank you all. Yes I’m going to be okay and I love u guys so so much.”

The 2012 Miss Universe added, “every day is a blessing.”

The pair, first spotted in 2013 kissing court-side at the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York, had apparently been struggling with the demands of a long-distance relationship.

“I think that the long-distance thing can be tough, but try to stay in communication, keep it transparent and honest, and it should be okay,” Jonas, 22, told PEOPLE just before the split.

RELATED VIDEO: Nick Jonas and Olivia Culpo Call It Quits

The breakup has been “tough” for the couple, a source close to Jonas told PEOPLE.

But Culpo, 23, is figuring it out: On Saturday morning, she retweeted this message from a fan.

You May Like

EDIT POST