Oh No They Didn't! 10 Best Quotes from the ACMs
"It's a good thing my dress ripped because now I have something else to think about."
– Julianne Hough, on her wardrobe malfunction, while accepting the award for top new artist
"Michael Phelps and Willie Nelson are teaming up to do an album. ... They're covering The Doobie Brothers."
– Reba McEntire, joking about Phelps's marijuana scandal and how everyone is going country these days
"That's the first time I've ever said 'straight' and Elton John in the same sentence."
– Reba McEntire, saying that entertainer of the year nominee George Strait, who has sold more than 62 million albums, is in the same class as the openly gay British superstar
"I found my shirt."
– Matthew McConaughey, after host Reba McEntire joked that he must make frequent visits to Las Vegas, a town where people "lose their shirt"
"If I talk to you for more than five minutes, I'm probably going to write a song about you."
– Taylor Swift, thanking everyone who's inspired her, while accepting the award for album of the year for Fearless
"You could see we had the baby."
– Dad-to-be Brad Paisley, teasing 4'11" Little Jimmy Dickens, who sat by the singer's side as he accepted the award for top male vocalist via satellite
"I'm just drunk right now."
– Blake Shelton, on how he keeps his nerves in check, when asked by GAC's Nan Kelley if he was nervous on the orange carpet
"Things are changing."
– Presenter Jamie Foxx, joking about singer Darius Rucker being a black man in country music and President Barack Obama being a black man running the country
"Glad I'm an idiot."
– Trace Adkins, after winning single of the year for "You're Gonna Miss This," admitting that he never thought the song would be a hit
"I feel like I just won American Idol all over again."
– Carrie Underwood, accepting the award for top female vocalist