So, you didn’t get invited to Fashion Week. Again. Year after year, the fashion industry fails to recognize you for your ingenuity and influencer status.
Not to worry. You can still talk about Fashion Week – which has been in full-swing since Wednesday – like you’re there, so you can impress your ~*fashion friends*~ and randos at parties and even your mom.
Memorize the lines below so you can whip them out when people around you start talking about NYFW, and you don’t want to feel left out.
1. “Everything that’s old is new again.”
In the world of fashion, vintage is always “in.” This is a very low-risk comment to make.
2. “Six words: Bold Patterns. Bold Patterns. Bold patterns.”
3. “Wow, can you believe that model fell? I was so embarrassed for her!”
4. “Street style is back.”
5. “I’m loving all of these masculine silhouettes.”
6. “Jaden Smith sat front row at Eckhaus Latta’s MoMA PS1 show.”
Say this even if you don’t know what any of those words mean.
7. “The Alexander Wang afterparty was lit.”
8. “Gigi Hadid. Gigi Hadid? Gigi. Hadid.”