Nicki Minaj is an Instagram queen.
She may not be the queen-queen of Insta (the crown currently rests on Taylor Swift’s neatly coiffed head), but Minaj is a master of the social media platform – and we could all benefit from studying her technique.
While we’re over here stress-eating Lucky Charms until our drunken selfie gets 11 likes, Minaj is racking up thousands of hearts – and comments – every second for her sexy, sultry posts.
Here’s how you can steal a little bit of her magic:
1. Take risks, because life is for the living.
Slip on that fishnet, glitter-flecked onesie that’s been sitting in your closet for years and do some work.
2. Don’t do too many collages (you don’t want to be that girl), but definitely do a collage to celebrate the people that really matter to you, a.k.a. Beyoncé.
3. Bedtime selfies are cute but you should probably make sure to have on a full face of makeup. Don’t go too too natural.
Breast contouring on fleek.
4. Throwback to photos where you look awkward but still more adorable than every person who has ever lived.
Make ’em wonder, How did greasy single-stranded bangs look fly on her and not meeeee?
5. You can’t spell ‘besties’ without ‘make sure everyone knows how much fun you have.’
Kissy faces are goofy and accentuate your cheekbones and evoke a sultry mystique. The trifecta, basically.
6. Shock value is more valuable than any other kind of value.
For example: a bright red tongue. How’d it get that red?, they’ll ask. Why isn’t it in her mouth?, they’ll ask. Once they start asking questions, you’ve already won.
7. This is the most important lesson you’ll learn: If you’re not making your ex jealous, you may as well throw your phone in the river and quit society.