Cheers! Honor the holiday with these spins on the classic concoction
And you thought February was all about Valentine’s Day.
Nope, there’s another holiday dedicated to a different (but equally profound) kind of love: Happy National Margarita Day!
To mark Friday’s lesser-known (but equally important) occasion, break out the tequila. But you don’t necessarily have to take a break from your diet: We’re bringing you a healthful spin on the classic margarita – plus a more indulgent version if you’re feeling festive.
Carrot and Cilantro Collins
• 1½ oz. tequila (recipe recommends Herradura Tequila)
• ¼ oz. hot sauce (recipe recommends Cholula)
• ½ oz. lemon juice
• 4 oz. carrot juice
• large pinch of cilantro
Shake your ingredients together for a 164 calorie creation.
Blood Orange Margarita
• 1½ parts tequila (recipe recommends Tequila Avién)
• ¾ part orange liqueur (recipe recommends Cointreau)
• 1 part blood orange juice
• ½ part fresh sour mix
In a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients with ice. Shake and strain. This margarita is best served over fresh ice and garnished with an orange twist.