Music Roundup: T.I. Gets Sprung For Easter
• He’s under house arrest in Atlanta awaiting trial on weapons charges, but rapper T.I. got good news from a federal magistrate judge on Thursday: He can leave the house … to go to church. The rapper (real name: Clifford Harris) can attend Easter services at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church on Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. No word, though, if he can squeeze in a brunch or an egg hunt during his five-plus hours of freedom.
• Paris Hilton is spreading good will in South Africa while on tour with her beau Benji Madden and his band Good Charlotte. The heiress graciously gave out photos of herself in a bikini – then signed them for children. Good Charlotte, meanwhile, is scheduled to play Friday at Johannesburg’s New Market Racecourse before heading to Cape Town.
• Ch-ch-check it out! The Beastie Boys’s Mike D sits down with SNL’s Andy Samberg in a new MySpace interview. And by interview we mean, the rapper teaches Samberg how to properly tipple red wine as they discuss their pasts as In Living Color castmates. Hey, it was good enough for J. Lo!
• What is it with music writers and lists? Entertainment Weekly reveals its picks for the Indie Rock 25 – a list sure to inspire plenty of bickering in hipster hotspots across the country.
• After a five year legal dispute, former Beach Boys members Al Jardine and Mike Love have reached an agreement about the use of the band’s name. This, after Love sued in 2003 claiming Jardine fronted various groups using the Beach Boys name. Now that the vibrations are good again, think these guys will go surfing together?
– Brian Orloff