The child had been on life support after accidentally choking herself with a cord
Boxing champ Mike Tyson’s 4-year-old daughter Exodus died Tuesday in a Phoenix hospital after accidentally getting her neck wrapped in a cord from an exercise machine at home.
“We are grateful for the tremendous outpouring of love and prayers from all over the world,” Tyson says in a statment. “There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus. We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal.”
Exodus’s mother, whose name has not been released, was cleaning in another part of the house when she sent her 7-year-old son to the playroom to check on his sister. The boy found Exodus tangled in a cord dangling from a treadmill. He called for his mother, who dialed 911 and administered CPR.
The child, who had been on life support, was pronounced dead at 11:45 a.m. at St. Joseph Hospital and Medical Center, says Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill.
Her father, who had been in Las Vegas at the time of the accident, returned to Arizona and was seen entering the hospital in the morning.
• Reporting by JOHNNY DODD