A judge tosses out a man's claim that Jackson molested him in 1984

By Stephen M. Silverman
Updated April 18, 2006 08:00 AM
Advertisement

Chalk up another legal victory for Michael Jackson. A man who claimed he was molested by the singer during the 1984 New Orleans World’s Fair – and then repressed the memory until 2003 – has had his lawsuit tossed out of a New Orleans court.

U.S. District Judge Eldon Fallon dismissed the suit brought by Joseph Bartucci Jr., who claimed that at age 18 he was lured into Jackson’s limo and sexually and physically assaulted there for nine days, the Associated Press reports. The judge gave no reasons for his decision.

“We’re pleased with the results,” said Jackson spokesman Brian Oxman. “It’s time to get on to new and better things.”

“I’m basically shocked,” said Bartucci’s lawyer, Louis Koerner, who had argued that his client had been so badly injured by Jackson’s bodyguards – who, among other things, allegedly slammed Bartucci’s head on the pavement – that the trauma caused him to lose his memory of the assault.