LIVE

The 64-year-old actress, who had been calling attention to Darfur, says her doctor warned of possible seizures

By Mike Fleeman
Updated May 08, 2009 06:15 PM
Advertisement
Image
Credit: Wenn

The last two days had become unbearable for Mia Farrow, who took to her blog to say, “I’m really struggling” and “I won’t be able to continue much longer.”

On Friday – day 12 of going without food to draw attention to the people of war-torn Darfur – the 64-year-old actress and humanitarian wrote, “I have ended this fast.”

“I have been instructed by my doctor to stop my fast immediately due to health concerns – including possible seizures,” wrote Farrow. “I am fortunate. The women, children, and men I am fasting for do not have that option.”

Airline magnate Richard Branson says that he will take over the fast for the next three days.