Cheers! Here are four fruity ways to kick off summer
Still, that’s no reason to kick your summer off on a sour note come Memorial Day, the unofficial start of the season. And there’s no sweeter way to say hello to sunny days than a fruity, frilly drink.
• 1½ oz. vodka (recipe recommends Vikingfjord Vodka)
• ½ oz. allspice dram
• ½ oz. lemon juice
• 1½ oz. apple cider
• Dash of baked apple bitters
Combine the ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake with ice, and strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice. Add a red apple slice for garnish.
• 1 part white cherry vodka (recipe recommends Skinnygirl White Cherry Vodka)
• 4 parts sparkling water
• 1 part pineapple juice
• Pineapple wedge for garnish
• Cherry for garnish
• Mint sprig for garnish
Mix cherry vodka and sparkling water over a glass of ice. Add a touch of pineapple juice. Garnish with a pineapple wedge, mint sprig and cherry.
• 2 parts tequila (recipe recommends Avién Silver)
• 1 part fresh lemon juice
• 1 part simple syrup
• Club soda (to top)
Build ingredients in a collins glass with ice and stir. Garnish with a lemon wedge and mint leaf if desired.
• 1½ oz. white rum (recipe recommends Caliche)
• 1½ oz. pineapple juice
• 1 oz. orange juice
• ½ oz. lime juice
• ½ oz. Velvet Falernum liqueur
• Lime wedge
In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients, fill with ice and shake. Strain over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.