Memorial Day Drinks to Start Your Summer on a Sweet Note
Cheers! Here are four fruity ways to kick off summer
Still, that’s no reason to kick your summer off on a sour note come Memorial Day, the unofficial start of the season. And there’s no sweeter way to say hello to sunny days than a fruity, frilly drink.
- 1½ oz. vodka (recipe recommends Vikingfjord Vodka)
- ½ oz. allspice dram
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- 1½ oz. apple cider
- Dash of baked apple bitters
- Combine the ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake with ice, and strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice. Add a red apple slice for garnish.
- 1 part white cherry vodka (recipe recommends Skinnygirl White Cherry Vodka)
- 4 parts sparkling water
- 1 part pineapple juice
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
- Cherry for garnish
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Mix cherry vodka and sparkling water over a glass of ice. Add a touch of pineapple juice. Garnish with a pineapple wedge, mint sprig and cherry.
- 2 parts tequila (recipe recommends Avién Silver)
- 1 part fresh lemon juice
- 1 part simple syrup
- Club soda (to top)
- Build ingredients in a collins glass with ice and stir. Garnish with a lemon wedge and mint leaf if desired.
- 1½ oz. white rum (recipe recommends Caliche)
- 1½ oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- ½ oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. Velvet Falernum liqueur
- Lime wedge
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients, fill with ice and shake. Strain over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.