Chef Anne Burrell puts aspiring chefs to the test on her show Chef Wanted, but only your dinner guests will judge your take on her “healthy and delicious” asparagus recipe! For a complementary side dish to your next meal try the recipe below:
Asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano Vinaigrette
• 2 bunches asparagus, stems snapped where they naturally break
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• ½ cup red wine vinegar
• 4 tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
• Kosher salt
• 2 hard-boiled eggs, whites and yolks separated, crumbled
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Set up a bowl of salted ice water. Place the asparagus in the boiling water. Cook 5 minutes. Remove asparagus and plunge immediately into the ice water. Remove, pat dry, and reserve.
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Salt to taste. Toss the asparagus in the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with the crumbled eggs and serve.