10 Best Celeb Quotes This Week
"But then it changed when I started dating a girl. I was like, 'Actually, to hide this provides the implication that I'm not down with it or I'm ashamed of it, so I had to alter how I approached being in public. It opened my life up and I'm so much happier.'"
– Kristen Stewart, on how her dating life has changed now that she's in a relationship with a girl, to Elle UK
"Don't let anyone ever tell you that this country isn't great. This, right now, is the greatest country on earth."
– Michelle Obama, referencing Donald Trump's campaign slogan in her speech, at the Democratic National Convention
"He's a wonderful father. He knows the value of things. He was an addict for many, many years and he pulled himself out of it, and he's been sober for 11, 12 years now. ... And he knows how many times he's messed up and how many times he's been really close to losing everything."
– Kristen Bell, on husband Dax Shepard, to CBS's Sunday Morning
"This is like the first time where like I'm cool for real."
– Will Smith, on what his kids think of his role in Suicide Squad, at a Comic-Con panel
"I think there's always gonna be some sort of stigma, because for whatever reason, society likes to say, 'He's an actor, so that's what he does, and he's not allowed to venture outside of that.' But I just wanted to make something I loved and put it out. I don't want the peak of my career to be when I was 19 years old and in that one movie."
– Ansel Elgort, on his EDM music career, to PEOPLE
"I do know that deep down in my heart, that I have to believe that we can love each other and always be kind, no matter what it takes in us. I believe that we can do that, no matter what."
– Selena Gomez, possibly alluding to the recent feud her bestie Taylor Swift has been dealing with, during her concert in Indonesia
"It was a huge turning point for us in such a negative way. There was a fallout with The Hills and a lot of backlash with the things we were doing. We spent more money and it was so unnecessary. Sometimes I can't believe I did that to us and to me. It's been a lot to overcome."
– Heidi (Montag) Pratt, on the impact her plastic surgery has had on her and husband Spencer's life, in this week's issue of PEOPLE