Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger and veteran rock band KISS will not perform at a charity concert for victims of the Sept. 11 attacks in Washington, D.C., this weekend, reps for both told Reuters on Tuesday. The two acts were among the stars announced last week for the Oct. 21 concert at RFK Stadium, including Michael Jackson, ‘N Sync, Britney Spears and Aerosmith. But Jagger’s spokeswoman said the D.C. announcement was premature, and the British rocker had never committed to perform. KISS, meanwhile, pulled out because lead singer Paul Stanley is facing hip surgery. Jagger, who will play the night before at a fundraiser in New York City that has been organized by Paul McCartney, did not “pull out” of the Washington show, said publicist Fran Curtis. “(The organizers) approached him to do it, which was very nice, but unfortunately he was unable to do it because of prior commitments,” she said, denying reports of behind-the-scenes discord at the concert, which was originally titled “United We Stand” but is now called “United We Stand — What More Can I Give?” in honor of an all-star charity single organized by Jackson. (The New York Post reports that Jackson cut a deal with the McDonald’s burger chain, which will be selling his single of that song for $2.99 a copy.) Latest additions to the “Concert for New York City” at Madison Square Garden, some of whom will appear via satellite, include David Bowie and Elton John as well as U2’s lead singer, Bono, and the band’s guitarist, the Edge. Already confirmed are such stars as Harrison Ford, Janet Jackson, Destiny’s Child, Jim Carrey, Meg Ryan, Backstreet Boys and Macy Gray.