Harrison Ford Is 'Battered but OK,' Son Says
“Battered, but ok!,” Ben Tweeted Thursday night just hours after his dad was involved in a small-plane crash.
Ford, 72, was the pilot and sole passenger of a vintage yellow fighter plane that crashed at about 2:24 p.m. at Penmar Golf Course, near the Santa Monica airport.
He is in stable condition, a LAPD spokeswoman confirms to PEOPLE.
Ben was joined at the hospital by his sister Georgia, PEOPLE has confirmed.
Ford’s son also expressed his gratitude to his father’s concerned supporters. “Thank you all for your thoughts and good vibes for my dad,” he Tweeted.
More on Harrison Ford’s plane crash:
• Harrison Ford in Stable Condition After Plane Crash
• Harrison Ford Suffered ‘Bad Laceration’ to Scalp in Plane Crash, Says Eyewitness
• Harrison Ford Plane Crash: Eyewitnesses Describe ‘Sputtering’ Plane, Hearing a ‘Boom’
• Inside Harrison Ford’s Passion for Flying – and Scariest Crashes
• Aviation Expert on Harrison Ford’s Crash Landing: ‘Everything He Did Was Perfect’
• Twitter Flooded with Show of Support for Harrison Ford After Plane Crash