While we’re not happy about Gigi Hadid’s recent declaration that she’s taking a one month break from social media, we respect and support her choice (and pray that it’s only temporary.)
“I’m so grateful for social media because it’s given me so much more in my career, but I also really respect my career without the social media aspect,” she said. “And I really want to still pay most of the attention to my job as a craft and not lose the art in it and the relationships that are meaningful to me not because of the money or the contracts but because of how I inspired designers and how they inspire me. I want to go back to focusing on that kind of relationship within fashion when I go to work for the next month.”
The hiatus is going to be a struggle for her 26.4 million followers. Not only is the supermodel’s Instagram an endless well of #goals, as well as #inspo, but we cherish imagining that we’re part of her life.
As we anticipate her post-holiday return to the app, we’re going to reflect on the 17 Hadid Instagrams we would put on a vision board if we had it together enough to make a vision board.
1. When she and Kendall were the cutest.
Nope, no jealousy over here.
2. When she looked more glam in a sports bra than we will look on our wedding day.
We would hate her if we didn’t love her.
3. When every single centimeter of her was perfection.
There are no words.
4. When she took a super photogenic nap and it was the most interesting thing on the Internet.
Where’s the drool??
5. When she and Zayn were so cute we had a mini panic attack.
This is maybe the only time a cutesie couples selfie hasn’t filled us with uncontrollable dread and anger.
6. When she celebrated America with Cara Delevingne and Taylor Swift.
This is straight out of a 1960s ad campaign.
7. When she posted this precious Yolanda throwback.
8. When her awkward family photo was somehow very high fashion.
Teach us your ways, Hadids. Teach us your ways.
9. When she posted this photo from her perfect Vogue shoot.
The laws of physics do not apply to Gigi.
10. When she and her sister took Paris.
You know, just your standard sibling photo.
11. When her underboob was lit.
We repeat: Not fair.
12. When she was an actual angel child.
Haute couture af.
13. When her squad was perfect.
We’re going to miss these squad photos most of all.
14. When she shut down the body-shamers with a perfectly worded note.
“I’m not going anywhere.”
15. When the peach emoji found its human form.
16. When she took the perfect selfie.
And inspired us to start deep-conditioning our hair or something.
17. When she teamed up with her sister to create this Rihanna sandwich.
Wow. Just wow.
Gigi, we’ll miss you. Come back soon.