Harley Pasternak Shares His Healthy French Toast Recipe
The Hollywood trainer provides a twist on the comfort food favorite
Harley Pasternak, one of Hollywood’s top trainers (and a People.com blogger – check out his entries here, and every Wednesday) shares a healthy twist on a breakfast favorite.
And now you can make it at home!
French Toast with Ricotta
Makes four servings
• 1 ½ cups egg whites
• 1 ½ cups skim milk
• 2 tsp. granulated sugar substitute
• ½ tsp. salt
• 8 slices whole-grain bread
• Ground cinnamon
• ½ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1. Whisk together egg whites, milk, sugar substitute and salt. Pour into a shallow dish.
2. Dip two bread slices in egg white mixture, coating well. Remove bread from egg mixture; drain excess liquid.
3. Cook bread in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat, about two minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining bread and egg mixture.
4. Sprinkle toast with cinnamon; top each serving with 2 tbsp. ricotta cheese. Serve immediately.