Are you ready for some football?!
With pigskin season well underway, chips and dip get old fast. For a gourmet play on a tailgate favorite, serve up these elk sliders during the big game.
They’ll also be satisfying some hungry foodies this weekend at the Travel + Leisure Global Bazaar in New York City.
“This isn’t your usual slider and the fact that I can offer something like elk sausage to guests is one of the things I love about an event like the Travel + Leisure Global Bazaar. Cooking with some of the best chefs in the world, guys like Jose Andres, Johnny Iuzzini and Scott Conant, it’s something special,” says chef Tim Love.
Here’s how to try his special dish at home:
Elk Sliders with Foie Gras and Blueberry Jam
½ bulb fennel (chopped)
½ red onion (chopped)
1 poblano (chopped)
½ cup bacon lardoon (cooked) 2 tablespoons chipotle puree
2 tablespoons roasted garlic
½ tablespoons dried thyme
½ tablespoons dried oregano
½ tablespoons salt
½ tablespoon ground black pepper
5 pounds ground elk
2 cups Chef Tim Love Gamerub
1 pounds frozen blueberries
2 sheets of gelatin
½ cup sugar
6 oz. foie gras (cut into ¼ oz. pieces)
24 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
1. Saute fennel and red onion in pan until translucent, allow to cool down.
2. Combine the bacon, chipotle, roasted garlic, thyme, oregano, fennel, red onion, salt, pepper into a food processor and mix until well combined.
3. Add the ground elk to the mixture and combine with your hands until well mixed. Portion into 1.5 ounce balls and form into patties.
1. Put blueberries into a small sauce pan and allow to warm up on low heat.
2. Meanwhile take the gelatin sheets and bloom in room temperature water until softened.
3. Take the gelatin out of the water.
4. Add the sugar and gelatin to the warm blueberries and blend with a stick blender.
5. Return the mixture to heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before serving.
Putting it All Together
Sprinkle Chef Tim Love Gamerub onto the slider patties and foie gras. Cook sliders on high heat for 1 minute each side. Cook foie gras on one side until golden brown. Place foie gras on top of slider and serve on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls with the blueberry jam. Enjoy!