Father's Day Best Quotes
"My dad is also full of great beauty advice, like wear your perfume in your belly button and on the soles of your feet so it becomes part of you."
– Liv Tyler, sharing one-of-kind beauty tips from her one-of-a-kind father Steven Tyler, to Elle
"I played tennis in high school. I was in this tournament and I was at my all-time [John] McEnroe best – throwing my racket and saying words that were not acceptable. [My dad] got right up to me and said, 'Are you having fun?' I said, 'No.' And he said, 'Then don't do it.'"
– Brad Pitt, on how his father Bill's pep talk inspired him to find his true career passion, to Parade
"My father and daughter had unwittingly taught me the importance of balance. Could I use some butter and cheese and eggs in my cooking without going down some kind of hippie shame spiral? Yes. Of course I could."
– GOOP guru Gwyneth Paltrow, whose late father Bruce inspired her cookbook, My Father's Daughter
"He said, 'If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you.' I took his advice, and I remembered everything he told me."
– Paris Jackson, on what her pop star dad Michael taught her, on Ellen
"My dad took me to see Saturday Night Live as a birthday treat, and I knew at that moment that this was what I wanted to do."
– Olivia Wilde, who's not only acting but dating SNL star Jason Sudeikis, to Town and Country
"My dad gave me a freakin' kidney!"
– Modern Family's Sarah Hyland, who's going to have a hard time repaying her father after undergoing kidney dysplasia surgery, to Seventeen
"I've always been into dressing nicely. My dad's really into fashion also…He has his own style and I have my own style, but it’s a shared thing."
– Model Patrick Schwarzenegger, who has father Arnold to thank for his stylish genes, to WWD
"I'm really good at Italian cooking, because I grew up watching my dad in the kitchen."
– Chaz Bono, on the many talents he picked up from his superstar father Sonny, to PEOPLE
"My dad reinvented himself…It's a hard thing to go from being a variety show host to a news anchor and be taken seriously…It's a really good lesson for me because I did a lot of schlock as an actor."
– Oscar winner George Clooney, crediting dad Nick's example for his own career reinvention, on 60 Minutes
"My dad was a bed wetter, his dad was a bed wetter. It’s likehow in some families everybody is a cop or a fireman? Wetting the bed is the Silverman way."
– Daddy's girl Sarah Silverman, whose memoir The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee is an homage to her father Donald, to Playboy