Janet Jackson Postpones Unbreakable Tour Until 2017 After Announcing She's 'Planning Our Family'
"New dates will be announced at a later time," a rep for LiveNation tells PEOPLE
Fans took to Twitter on Thursday to express their anger following rumors that they will not be receiving refunds until venues get word about a cancellation.
A rep for LiveNation told PEOPLE Friday that the tour won’t pick back up until next year.
“The Janet Jackson Unbreakable Tour in North America will be postponed until 2017. New dates will be announced at a later time, and tickets will be honored for the re-scheduled dates. Refunds are also available at the point of purchase. Stay tuned to JanetJackson.com and LiveNation.com for further info,” said the rep.
On Wednesday, the singer, 49, told fans via video message that the second leg of the tour would be delayed while she and 41-year-old husband Wissam Al Mana – whom she married in a private ceremony in 2012 – focus on “planning our family.”
The Unbreakable tour began last year in Vancouver, and Jackson initially delayed the 2016 portion of her performances in December, noting that she had to undergo surgery for an unspecified reason.
She later clarified on Twitter that despite tabloid reports, she did not have cancer and had been given a clean bill of health.
The tour is in support of Unbreakable, her eleventh studio album and first in eight years.
• Reporting by JEFF NELSON