9 Things We Never Knew Before the Emmys Red Carpet
THE TRUE MEANING BEHIND THAT CATCHY UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT SONG
"'Peeno Noir' is a song my character writes as an ode to black penis."
– Tituss Burgess, on his character's catchy signature song
TARAJI P. HENSON HAS THE HOTS FOR RYAN SEACREST
"You always were hot, but now you're hotter."
– The Empire star, to the E! red carpet host as L.A. temperatures soared
EDIE FALCO'S DREAM JOB ISN'T WHAT YOU THINK
"I used to think I'd be able to [be on American Ninja Warrior], but I tried hanging on to a monkey bar, and my kids were laughing at me."
– Falco, on her other career aspirations
MINDY KALING'S SECRET SAUCE TO A SUCCESSFUL TV SHOW
"People love racy. My staff and I are a little perverted, so that's good."
– Kaling, making us blush on the pre-show red carpet
JAIMIE ALEXANDER IS KEEPING UP WITH WHAT THE KIDS ARE SAYING THESE DAYS
– Alexander, in response to Giuliana Rancic's compliment that she is "#gorgeous"
RYAN SEACREST WINS AT TV
"If I knew the answer to that, I'd have 15 hit shows like you."
– LL Cool J on the secret to success, while chatting with Seacrest on the red carpet
THE REASON ANTHONY ANDERSON DIDN'T BRING HIS MOM TO THE EMMYS
"My mother was hysterical [when she called about my nomination]. That's why I didn't bring her tonight because it would have been about her – so I brought my son instead."
– The Black-ish star on his red carpet date
A 100-DEGREE HEAT WAVE CAN RUIN AN IMPROMPTU SING-ALONG
"'Unbreakable! We're alive, damn it!' Not really though, because it's so hot."
– Jane Krakowski, interrupting her adorable rendition of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt theme song to comment on the weather
JIMMY KIMMEL OFFERS UP A FASHION #TRUTHBOMB
"You're wearing yourself? That's like masturbating."
– Kimmel, on Ryan Seacrest's suit, designed by the TV host himself