Elisabeth Hasselbeck Denies She's Leaving The View
"There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that she is leaving," says her agent
Although Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s Republican leanings have been clearly on display during the election season, The View co-host is denying that she’s preparing to leave the chatfest for a position at Fox News Channel.
“While Elisabeth [Hasselbeck] has a great relationship with Fox News, there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that she is leaving The View,” her agent, Babette Perry, says in a statement released Thursday afternoon. “Elisabeth is passionate in her beliefs and enjoys being a part of this dynamic group of women and engaging in daily conversations.”
Karl Nilsson, Executive Publicity Director for The View, adds: “Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie, executive producers of The View, consider Elisabeth to be vital to the program.”
Rumors that Hasselbeck, 31, might jump to Fox News have been rampant on TV blogs, especially in recent weeks as the co-host engaged in increasingly heated debates with her more liberal-leaning counterparts on the show. She has also made numerous appearances on Fox News in the past year, most recently serving as the very first guest on former Republican Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee’s new talk show this past weekend.
Hasselbeck, a mother of two, was also a fixture at the Republican National Convention last month and hosted a luncheon for Cindy McCain.