After suspending shows, Wolfgang Van Halen says the guitarist's band is ready to hit the road
Eddie Van Halen is just fine, thank you very much, says his son, Wolfgang.
“Don’t listen to the rumors – he’s doing great – seriously!” Wolfgang, 17, told PEOPLE at Nickolodeon’s 2008 Kid’s Choice Awards Saturday.
Red flags went up over the 53-year-old guitarist’s health when his band, Van Halen, suspended its North American tour of sold-out venues and announced that he was “undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests.”
New tour dates were posted on the band’s Web site but there was no update on the Eddie’s health.
The bands’s reps have not disclosed the precise nature of the medical tests. Van Halen has, however, battled mouth cancer and substance abuse in the past, though his ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, says he has not entered rehab.
“We’re starting up in Reno in mid-April,” Wolfgang says. “So it’ll be fun.”
The band announced on its site Friday that an April 17th concert at the Reno Events Center has been added, “due to overwhelming fan demand.”
Van Halen performs its previously scheduled April 19 date in Las Vegas and April 22 date in Cincinnati, then does another 18 rescheduled shows across the country, ending June 2 in Grand Rapids, Mich., according to the Web site.
Like this story? Click on the Yahoo Buzz! button below to Buzz it up!