Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Dog Brutus Has Died After Eating a Toxic Mushroom: 'His Soul Is in Pup Heaven'
The actor pays tribute to his beloved dog, Brutus.
It’s a sad day for Dwayne Johnson.
After complications stemming from eating a toxic mushroom while playing outside, the actor’s beloved dog, Brutus, has died.
“Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed,” Johnson captioned a photo of him and Brutus on Instagram Tuesday.
“At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace.”
Adding, “As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members.”
“We’ll always love you Brutus … and you’ll always be my lil’ main and tough housing Brute,” Johnson said.
Johnson has been known to share his love for his pooches on social media.
Just earlier this month, Johnson posted a photo that showed him holding Brutus and Hobbs in a pool that he had jumped into to save them from drowning.