Cheers! Festive Cocktails for Your Holiday Party
Stir up these seasonal beverages inspired by mistletoe and poinsettia plants
Take a cue from your Christmas display when you stir up cocktails this year. And we’re not talking about the plastic Santa in your front yard.
The Ryan Gosling-ready mistletoe and poinsettias decking your halls translate into some festive drink-spiration. Try these holiday cocktail recipes – but hold the plants, of course.
Under the Mistletoe
Courtesy of Hollywood restaurant Lexington Social House
- 1 oz. rum
- ½ oz. apricot liqueur
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 1 oz. lime juice
- Dash of bitters
- Mix ingredients, and serve in a collins cocktail glass on ice. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Created by Frank Cisneros of New York City’s Gin Palace
- 2 oz. dry gin (recipe recommends Nolet’s Silver Dry Gin)
- ¾ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ oz. cinnamon syrup
- ½ oz. grenadine
- 1 tsp. allspice liqueur (recipe recommends St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram)
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters (recipe recommends Angostura Bitters)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Shake over fresh ice. Strain into a double rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a cloved lemon wheel.