Dolls' Day Out! Derek Zoolander Just Hung Out with Barbie (and the Photos Are Epic)
Life in plastic really is fantastic
There’s no stopping Derek Zoolander.
Zoolander 2‘s Ben Stiller has gone above and beyond to promote the highly anticipated sequel to his 2001 super-hit (it hits theaters Feb. 12). From channeling mannequins at the Valentino store in Rome, Italy, with costar Owen Wilson (Hansel) to staging a walk-off with Cara Delevingne in Paris, Stiller, er, Zoolander, has transformed into a non-stop marketing machine.
But it’s not all work and no play for the star: a doll version of Zoolander chose to ring in the start of a new week with Barbie on Monday (yes, that Barbie). The model and icon packed in a full day of fun activities that included a spa facial, lounging at the beach, spinning at SoulCycle, a shopping spree and an hours-long selfie sesh – all while snapping pics featuring Zoolander’s Blue Steel face. Flawless.
Keep scrolling to see what else went down during their meet-up – including two cameos from Zoolander 2 stars Hansel and Valentina (Penélope Cruz).
1. Derek Shows Barbie How to Strike a Proper Blue Steel
2. Derek and Barbie Get a Spa Facial (Not that They Really Need It, But Still #Fun)
3. Derek and Barbie Soak Up the Sun – Kind of
4. Derek and Barbie ‘Spin for the Soul’
5. Derek, Hansel and Barbie Refuel at a Juice Bar
6. Derek and Barbie Play Shopping Stylists
7. Valentina Crashes Derek and Barbie’s Brunch Date, Drama Ensues
8. Peace, Love and So Many Selfies = What Brings Everyone Together
Life in plastic really is fantastic.