Celebrity Coroner: Brad Renfro Died of Heroin Overdose The 25-year-old actor's death was an accident, according to a statement By Stephen M. Silverman and Elaine Aradillas Published on February 8, 2008 05:25PM EST Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Jennifer Graylock/AP Actor Brad Renfro’s death has been attributed to “acute heroin/morphine intoxication,” according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office. “The final manner of death has been ruled an accident,” the coroner’s office said, adding that the drugs were injected. The 25-year-old actor, who starred in 1994’s The Client and, later, Apt Pupil, had recently completed a movie with Winona Ryder and Billy Bob Thornton. Renfro was found dead in a Los Angeles apartment on Jan. 15. Renfro’s troubles go back to 1997, when he was sentenced to two years of probation after he tried to steal a yacht. This was the second coroner’s report issued for an actor this week. On Wednesday, the determination was announced that Heath Ledger also died from an accidental overdose, though of prescription drugs. TMZ.com first reported the findings of the toxicology report on Renfro.