The Evening's Funniest One-Liners
"To my wife at home, there's nothing going on between me and Mike."
– Brad Paisley, shooting down bromance rumors between him and Carrie Underwood's husband, Mike Fisher, during his acceptance speech for collaborative video of the year for "Remind Me"
– Carrie Underwood, still miffed that her husband hugged her duet partner, Paisley, first
"This is my second CMT buckle, OK? The first time around, I threw a jacket in the crowd. Well, I found out it was a very expensive jacket, so I thought I would potentially someday throw something a little cheaper ... I have some lucky camouflage underwear. Tom would you like to do the honors?"
– Luke Bryan, tossing the audience a cheaper memento while accepting male video of the year for "I Don't Want This Night to End"
"Now she sleeps over every night."
– Newlywed Jake Owen, on how life has changed now that he's married to wife Lacey Buchanan
"I've had to watch a lot of Real Housewives of Orange County so I can watch the Golf Channel."
– Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley, on learning to compromise in his marriage to wife Cassie McConnell
"Luke Bryan sang 'Drunk on You,' Hank and Brad sang 'Get Drunk and Play Hank Williams,' Toby Keith sang 'Beers Ago.' I don't know about you, Kenny, but I'm starting to see a theme happening here tonight."
– John Rich, to partner Big Kenny, before introducing Eric Church's performance
"I know a lot of you are thinking my fiancée Kristen Bell got me this gig, but it was actually my mistress, Tom Arnold. Thank you, Tom Arnold!"
– Dax Shepard, giving credit where credit is due
"Not all country music's about partying, baby. Actually 'Red Solo Cup' is just about partying."
– Toby Keith, to his CMT Music Awards co-host, Kristen Bell