Caught in the Act: Sundance Special
• Jessica Alba isn’t letting pregnancy slow her down! At the Kari Feinstein Style Lounge, the actress, with fianc Cash Warren, shopped around for their new home gym and luckily bumped into Reebok, who offered up some equipment. Earlier that day, after stopping for cocoa at the T-Mobile Diner at Village at the Yard, Alba picked up a Forum snowboard for her beau before running into Ben Kingsley, who congratulated the couple on their baby.
• Taking a break from performing was John Legend, who stopped by Marquee’s Boost Mobile lounge to pick up some goodies for the ladies in his life, snapping up a white patent Treesje bag for his mom and some Lia Sophia jewelry for his girlfriend. Swept up in the giving spirit, too, was Sarah Jessica Parker, eyeing a Spyder jacket at the Lift’s Fred Segal exclaiming, “It was all about Spyder at my house this Christmas, [my family] loves to ski and that’s all they wanted!”
• Colin Farrell hosted a party for his film Kicking It at the Greenhouse. Sticking to his two years of sobriety, the actor left the hard partying – and a free bottle of vodka – to his table of friends. Another low-key Colin? That would be the younger Hanks, who munched on chicken sandwiches at Stereo’s Kenneth Cole Reaction Lounge.
• The hot ticket wasn’t for a movie but for Maroon 5′s performance at Tao’s Myspace Night. Even with a 45-minute delay, Mary-Kate Olsen and Paris Hilton rocked out in the front row while frontman Adam Levine’s parents watched from backstage and took pictures.
• Grey’s Anatomy star (and Sundance juror) Sandra Oh and Emily Blunt stopped by Hard Rock Hotel’s House of Hype to design Puma sneakers for a charity auction. Also in a giving mood was actress Brittany Murphy, who gushed at the Wii Lounge and Kevin Mazur photo studio that she was “supporting her man” (husband writer-producer Simon Monjack), says a source.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, ALEXIS CHIU, and JENNIFER GARCIA