The TV host will be on the air on New Year's Eve, but isn't trying to replace the icon
Carson Daly and Ryan Seacrest will battle it out in the ratings on New Year’s Eve – but they’re not battling to replace Dick Clark, Daly says.
“Dick Clark is a huge inspiration for the huge success he’s achieved,” Daly told the Los Angeles Times. “But that’s where I stop. The world is changing. I’m young; I have my own thoughts as a producer. I’m not trying to keep his tradition. I’m trying to do my own.”
Daly, 33, will host NBC’s New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly on Sunday; Seacrest, 32, will present ABC’s Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.
Clark, 77, suffered a debilitating stroke in 2004, but he made a brief appearance last year on New Year’s Rockin’ Eve and will do so again this year.
Clark has served as producer and host of the ABC broadcast nearly every New Year’s Eve since 1972.
Said Seacrest of the TV legend, “He and I have a great relationship. Whatever he wants to do, whether he wants to do more or less than last year, I’ll do it.”