Girl, 3, Swallows 37 Buckyballs Magnets
Payton Bushnell of Oregon is in good condition after doctors remove the high-powered magnets
Three-year-old Payton Bushnell was feeling sick for several days, describing symptoms that sounded very much like the flu.
But when her parents took her to Randall Children s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland, X-rays showed a stunning image: 37 small metal balls in her intestines.
According to NewsChannel 8, Payton is now listed in good condition after doctors removed what turned out to be Buckyballs high-powered magnets, billed as “the world’s best selling desk toy” that can be shaped into “unlimited forms” for “stress relief.”
In a statement on its website, Buckyballs said it was “saddened” to learn about Payton but were “relieved that she is expected to make a full recovery.”
“This unfortunate incident underscores the fact that Buckyballs and Buckycubes are for adults. They are not toys and are not intended for children.”