It looks like we may never know how Peaches Geldof, 25, got the heroin she used in her fatal overdose. British police say they’ve closed the investigation into the TV personality’s death, the Associated Press reports.
Geldof was found dead at her home near London on April 7, 2014. They also found heroin and syringes.
A coroner ruled that she died from a heroin overdose. An inquest into her death found that the mother of two relapsed on heroin after using a substitute drug for more than two years. Traces of codeine, methadone and morphine were also found in her system.
“You blame yourself. You’re the father who’s responsible and clearly failed,” the Irish rocker, 63, told ITV News last October.
Detectives working the case say they will review again – but only if there’s new evidence.
Geldof’s mom, Paula Yates, also died of a heroin overdose in 2000, when Peaches was just 11.