The singer was in Los Angeles on Saturday for a special performance and food event.
After performing at a previously scheduled festival in Los Angeles on Saturday, Bobby Brown immediately boarded a return flight to Atlanta to rejoin the vigil for daughter Bobbi Kristina, according to a source.
Brown, 46, left his daughter’s bedside for the first time in nearly ten weeks to sing at the Soul Food Festival in Los Angeles. He first rushed to her side shortly after she was found unresponsive in her bathtub in her Georgia home Jan. 31.
During his set, in which he belted out a string of hits from “Roni” to “My Prerogative,” Brown took time to thank fans for standing by him during this trying time.
“I wanna thank all of y’all for coming out tonight, for supporting me and my family,” he said after his opening song. “Rough times are rough times. Hard times are hard times. I don’t know what the hell I’m going through right now, but I’m giving it to God.”
Brown’s wife, Alicia Etheredge-Brown, due in July with the couple’s second child, said the family was “doing as well as you’d expect.”
Bobbi Kristina, 22, Brown’s daughter with the late Whitney Houston, has been in a medically induced coma since she was discovered unconscious in the home she shared with her boyfriend, Nick Gordon.
Her family remains at her bedside, with her father making medical decisions for her.
Bobbi Kristina Brown Suffers ‘Horrible Setback’
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Used Heroin, Other Drugs Before Being Found in Bathtub, Source Says
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s ‘Distraught’ Boyfriend Nick Gordon Checks into Rehab
• ‘Strong Evidence of Foul Play’ in Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near Drowning, Claims Aunt
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Boyfriend Nick Gordon Will Open Up About His ‘Mental Anguish’ on The Dr. Phil Show
• On Bobbi Kristina Brown’s 22nd Birthday, Her Family Waits for News of Her Condition
• Bobby Brown ‘Not Happy’ About His Family’s Reality Show