Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Holds Vigil, Asks for Continued Prayers
Family and loved ones gathered Monday night outside Atlanta to hold a candlelight vigil for Bobbi Kristina Brown, as she remains on life support after being found unresponsive in a bathtub at her home.
The “Shining a Light for Healing” vigil, held at the amphitheater at Riverdale Town Center in Riverdale, Georgia, was open to the public, with those in attendance rallying to support the only child of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown in a burst of prayers, tears and song.
Bobbi Kristina’s uncle, Tommy Brown, as well as aunts Tina and Leaola, were present for the vigil, which began at 7 p.m. and lasted for an hour and a half. Riverdale mayor Evelyn Wynn-Dixon was also on hand, joining supporters in singing gospel hymns. Bobbi Kristina’s father and her grandmother Cissy Houston were not spotted at the vigil.
Close to 300 people came out to support Bobbi Kristina, 21, with attendees holding candles and flashing their cell phone lights.
Speaking on behalf of the family, Tommy Brown said: “I know she thanks all of y’all. Continue to pray for us. Remember when you wake up we should all pray for each other.”
“Well-wishes and my prayers are always with you Bobbi. Please wake up,” an attendee told PEOPLE.
“Nobody knows but God,” Mayor Wynn-Dixon said. “It’s not over until God says it’s over.”
Police have launched an investigation into the circumstances of Bobbi Kristina’s drowning, and a source told PEOPLE: “Foul play is begin investigated … including drug use and possibly cover-up to remove evidence from the crime scene.”
As lingering questions remain over the tragedy, Bobbi Kristina’s family continues to pray for a miracle.
“There has been no change” in her condition, a Brown family member told PEOPLE. “We are hoping that God will see fit to perform a miracle in her, so that he will get the glory.”
• Reporting by ELISSA ROSEN
For more on Bobbi Kristina, pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands now
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina’s Cousin: We’re Still Praying, ‘Though Doctors Don’t See Any Hope for Change’
• Family Gathering to Say Goodbye to Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Max Lomas, Who Initially Found Bobbi Kristina Brown Unresponsive, Just ‘Wants His Good Friend Back’
• Houston Family Had Restraining Order Against Bobbi Kristina’s ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon
• Bobbi Kristina and ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon Were Never Married
• Bobby Brown’s Bedside Song to Daughter Bobbi Kristina: ‘The Greatest Love of All’
• Were Drugs Involved with Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near-Drowning?
• Kevin Costner on Bobbi Kristina Brown: ‘I Can’t Imagine’ What Her Family Is Going Through
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Family Keeping Hospital Bedside Vigil
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is ‘Fighting For Her Life,’ Family Says
• For Bobbi Kristina Brown, Minutes Without Air ‘Could Be Grim’
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Still Unresponsive, According to Source
• Do Bobbi Kristina Browns’s Social Media Accounts Hold Clues About Why She Was Found Unresponsive?
• Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Troubled Life of Whitney Houston’s Daughter
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Bobbi Kristina’s Husband Is Not the Bad Guy, Says Source
• Bobby Brown ‘Inconsolable’ Over Bobbi Kristina’s Hospitalization
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source