Family Gathering to Say Goodbye to Bobbi Kristina Brown
'We are grieving,' says a family member after a doctor said that nothing more could be done
It wasn’t the news that Bobbi Kristina Brown’s family wanted to hear.
On Wednesday, four days after the 21-year-old was found unresponsive in her home, a doctor told her family that nothing more could be done. “Everyone is coming to the hospital to say goodbye,” says a family member.
The news was especially devastating to her father, Bobby Brown. “Bobby has been crying nonstop since yesterday,” says the source. “We are grieving.”
A second family member went by the hospital overnight to say goodbye – and admits that the devastating news is hard to believe.
“If you saw her, you’d think she was just sleeping,” says the source.
A source close to the family says they’ve been keeping a bedside vigil since the weekend and despite the grim news, “is hopeful.”
But even with the bleakest prognosis, the family is still clinging to some hope. “It’s sinking in that this is it,” says the second family member, “but we’re all still praying that God will intervene and heal her body.”
• With reporting by LIZ MCNEIL
For more on Bobbi Kristina, pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina and ‘Husband’ Nick Gordon Were Never Married’
• Bobby Brown’s Bedside Song to Daughter Bobbi Kristina: ‘The Greatest Love of All’
• Were Drugs Involved with Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near-Drowning?
• Kevin Costner on Bobbi Kristina Brown: ‘I Can’t Imagine’ What Her Family Is Going Through
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Family Keeping Hospital Bedside Vigil
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is ‘Fighting For Her Life,’ Family Says
• For Bobbi Kristina Brown, Minutes Without Air ‘Could Be Grim’
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Still Unresponsive, According to Source
• Do Bobbi Kristina Browns’s Social Media Accounts Hold Clues About Why She Was Found Unresponsive?
• Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Troubled Life of Whitney Houston’s Daughter
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Stars Rally Around Bobbi Kristina Brown
• Bobbi Kristina’s Husband Is Not the Bad Guy, Says Source
• Bobby Brown ‘Inconsolable’ Over Bobbi Kristina’s Hospitalization
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source