Bobbi Kristina Brown's Cousin Releases Tribute Music Video 'Pray for BK'
Jerod Brown is calling for prayers in a new song and video posted to his YouTube page Sunday
While Bobbi Kristina Brown remains on life support at a Georgia hospital, her cousin is sending prayers via a new song and music video.
Jerod penned the lyrics himself in the Shawn King-directed clip.
“I never thought that it would come to this/ Speaking on behalf of my cousin Kris,” he raps, wearing a “#PRAYFORBK” white T-shirt in the three-minute video.
He continues, “While she’s alive/ I’m praying to the skies/ and for that I don’t need your permission.”
Jerod, who calls himself YF Kennedy on YouTube, also calls out several celebrities – including Nancy Grace, Missy Elliott and Mariah Carey – in the lyrics for “giving me the platform to get the world to pray.”
Bobbi Kristina’s aunt Leolah Brown took to Facebook to show her support for Jerod’s tribute.
Bobbi Kristina has been hospitalized for almost two months after being found unresponsive in the bathtub in her home. While police are still investigating what happened on Jan. 31, her family members have become increasingly vocal about their insinuations that her boyfriend Nick Gordon has been uncooperative in the investigation.
But Bobbi Kristina’s cousin recently came to Gordon’s defense. On the same day that he released the music video, Jerod publicly proclaimed his support for Gordon in a lengthy post on his Facebook page.
“Nick has cooperated with the police department, he has cooperated with my uncle Bobby’s request,” Jerod posted Sunday. “He has given my family members as much information as he can.”
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Used Heroin, Other Drugs Before Being Found in Bathtub, Source Says
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s ‘Distraught’ Boyfriend Nick Gordon Checks into Rehab
• ‘Strong Evidence of Foul Play’ in Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near Drowning, Claims Aunt
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Boyfriend Nick Gordon Will Open Up About His ‘Mental Anguish’ on The Dr. Phil Show
• On Bobbi Kristina Brown’s 22nd Birthday, Her Family Waits for News of Her Condition
• Bobby Brown ‘Not Happy’ About His Family’s Reality Show