Bobbi Kristina Brown's Boyfriend Nick Gordon 'Is Responding Well' to Rehab, Source Says
Gordon sought treatment after an intervention by Dr. Phil McGraw last month
Nick Gordon checked into rehab after Dr. Phil McGraw hosted an “emotionally charged” intervention last month on The Dr. Phil Show – and a close source says it has been a positive experience for Bobbi Kristina Brown‘s boyfriend.
“Nick is responding well to rehab treatment with no relapses,” the source tells PEOPLE. “The quiet time is good for him. He needed it.”
Gordon, 25, had been distraught over not being able to visit Brown after she was hospitalized on Jan. 31 after being found unresponsive in a bathtub.
Although singer Bobby Brown insisted that Gordon stay away from his daughter, who remains in a medically induced coma, the young man had not given up trying to see his girlfriend. But the stress was tearing him apart.
Being in rehab these past few weeks is helping him work on himself and get to the core of his problems.
“Nick is a special person with many temptations and needs to be in a place where he can continue to heal and grow,” the source tells PEOPLE. “He should stay for a long time – as long as he will allow.”
The source hopes that once Gordon is released, he will go to a halfway house and continue the process.
“The best thing for Nick is that he is out of the way, out of the limelight,” the source says. “This way he can continue the process to improve himself and move forward in a better life. It is a blessing that he is in rehab.”
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Family’s Plan for the Future
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Used Heroin, Other Drugs Before Being Found in Bathtub, Source Says
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s ‘Distraught’ Boyfriend Nick Gordon Checks into Rehab
• ‘Strong Evidence of Foul Play’ in Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near Drowning, Claims Aunt
• On Bobbi Kristina Brown’s 22nd Birthday, Her Family Waits for News of Her Condition
• Bobby Brown ‘Not Happy’ About His Family’s Reality Show