Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Admits 'Reality Is Sinking In' About Her Condition
A source tells PEOPLE that it has gotten "harder" for Bobby Brown
It hasn’t been an easy start to the year for Bobbi Kristina Brown‘s family.
After news broke earlier this week that the 22-year-old had been moved from Emroy University hospital to a rehabilitation facility in Atlanta, sources reveal to PEOPLE that the family had actually wanted to move Bobbi Kristina out of the hospital earlier, but her grief-stricken father Bobby Brown had delayed the decision.
“This hasn’t gotten any easier for him,” the source says of Bobby. “It has gotten harder. He really thought she’d be better by now, that there would be some change. There hasn’t been any sign of improvement since this happened.”
Sources had previously revealed to PEOPLE that the 46-year-old singer was trying to keep “as positive as possible” about the condition of his only daughter with the late Whitney Houston. “He’s going to give her every chance to fight for her life.”
Indeed, Bobbi Kristina’s family has tried to remain positive, but now “reality is really sinking in,” the source reveals.
“We spent the first month in shock, you know? Like, ‘Oh my God, I can’t believe that this happened.’ But now we’ve had a lot of time to get used to it.”
The source also admits that while the “family doesn’t always see eye-to-eye,” it’s clear that Bobby is in charge of what happens to his daughter.
“You can’t tell Bobby what to do, and he is in charge. We are just letting him do what he wants.”
However, the source does admit that Pat Houston, Bobbi Kristina’s aunt, has been butting heads with Bobby.
“Pat is the only one who is standing up to Bobby and they’re not happy with each other,” the source says.
However, another source says that is not the case.
“Bobby is the decision maker,” the source says. “Pat has been by Bobbi Kristina’s side this whole time and is not butting heads with Bobby. Pat will support any decisions that bBobby makes about his daughter. ”
• Reporting by STEVE HELLING and LIZ MCNEIL
Bobbi Kristina Brown Suffers ‘Horrible Setback’
More on Bobbi Kristina Brown:
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
• Bobbi Kristina Brown Used Heroin, Other Drugs Before Being Found in Bathtub, Source Says
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s ‘Distraught’ Boyfriend Nick Gordon Checks into Rehab
• ‘Strong Evidence of Foul Play’ in Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Near Drowning, Claims Aunt
• Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Boyfriend Nick Gordon Will Open Up About His ‘Mental Anguish’ on The Dr. Phil Show
• On Bobbi Kristina Brown’s 22nd Birthday, Her Family Waits for News of Her Condition
• Bobby Brown ‘Not Happy’ About His Family’s Reality Show