The sweet end-of-summer treat is a hit at Beverly Hills Housewives star Lisa Vanderpump's SUR
Nothing about Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump is simple. Have you seen her closet?!
But this crisp berry cobbler – on the menu at her posh eatery SUR – is “simple to make,” she promises. Try your hand at the recipe below.
• 1½ lbs. (4 cups) fresh blackberries
• 2 tbsp. sugar
• 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 2 tsp. cornstarch
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• 1⁄8 tsp. salt
• 1 stick cold butter, diced
• 2 cups vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Toss the blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a bowl, then divide among six 8-oz. ramekins.
3. Whisk together flour, brown sugar and salt. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender or fingers until mixture appears sandy with a few pea-size clumps. Distribute evenly over blackberries.
4. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top each ramekin with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.