Benedict Cumberbatch is a man of many hats – and faces.
The British heartthrob’s new face is that of an otter, which he mimics so precisely that we demand to see a birth certificate proving that he is, in fact, a human.
After months of fans noting that Cumberbatch resembles an otter, the Sherlock actor took to The Graham Norton Show (along with Johnny Depp) and was asked to recreate a series of otter poses as viral bait – which he did. Flawlessly.
The resemblance is uncanny.
We’re adding his otter moments to our ever-growing list of iconic Cumberbatch moments that fuel our obsession.
1. When he whipped out his flask at the Oscars.
2. When he photobombed Bono.
3. When his neck appeared longer than a human child.
4. When he was made of milk chocolate.
5. When he hung out with Tom Hiddleston, and we physically couldn’t bear the weight of our longing.
As Cumberbitches, we will surely be in line to see his upcoming film Black Mass, – in which Depp stars as gangster James “Whitey” Bulger and Cumberbatch as Billy Bulger – when it opens in the U.S.
“People [who] like the viral pictures of me and an otter will go and see a film about a violent gangster. Yay!” Cumberbatch said on the show.