The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
The president got the crowd roaring at this year's #nerdprom
President Barack Obama proved he could dish out as well as he can take it when he took over the podium at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner in Washington, D.C., on Saturday night.
The most powerful man in the world broke out his jokes to get the room of press and glittering celebrities into a giggly mood.
This is Obama’s second-to-last WHCD, as the 2016 election is quickly approaching. Despite the fact that POTUS was dishing out some seriously good jabs, it didn’t seem like he minded leaving the #nerdprom regulars in the dust.
Keep reading for Obama’s best moments from the night.
• “Welcome to the fourth quarter of my presidency [Cheers] that was Michelle cheering.”
• “I feel as loose and relaxed as ever. Those Joe Biden shoulder massages, they’re like magic. You should try one … oh, you have!”
• “Meanwhile, Michelle hasn’t aged a day. I asked her what her secret is and she just says, ‘Fresh fruits and vegetables.’ It’s aggravating.”
• “You no longer have to worry about losing your health insurance if you lose your job. You’re welcome, Senate Democrats.”
• “Michele Bachmann actually predicted I would bring about the biblical End of Days. Now, that’s a legacy. I mean, Lincoln, Washington – they didn’t do that!”
• “I have one friend who was making millions of dollars a year, and now she’s living out of a van in Iowa.”
• “Oh yeah, [Hillary]’s gonna get that money. Khaleesi is coming to Westeros.” (Okay, that one was POTUS’s “anger translator.”)