Fall is officially here, and we’re having trouble maintaining any level chill about it.
While the unofficial end of summer came weeks ago – a.k.a. Labor Day weekend – the first day of fall arrived at our doorsteps on Thursday morning wearing an oversized cardi and black skinny jeans.
We’re excited for lattes and minimal thigh chafing and hot soup and crunchy leaves and so, so much more. Here are nine things that all fall-obsessives know to be true about the Greatest Season of Them All.
1. There is no greater joy in this ever-changing world than kicking a crunchy pile of leaves.
That sound, though.
2. Living in a warmer climate on the first day of fall can be devastating. Make sure to reach out to your West Coast friends, and let them know you care.
Our thoughts are with Texans, Californians, etc.
3. Winter is coming.
And that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
4. Pumpkins are everything.
Whether infused into a latte or shaped into mask form, the uses of pumpkins are endless.
5. Witch-adjacent entertainment is the best entertainment.
Hocus Pocus forever.
6. The ability to wear scarves, vests and skinny jeans is sacred.
Cardigans, we love you more than you’ll ever know.
7. Halloween is a season, not a day.
This one explains itself.
8. The cuisine this time of year is truly outstanding.
And we will not hear anything to the contrary.
9. FALL TV FALL TV FALL TV FALL TV.
Social lives are overrated.
In conclusion, do not let anyone shame you about running to your nearest Starbucks for a venti pumpkin spice latte, or for going on a diet of exclusively candy corn-flavored foods. Live your truth.