The last thing I’d ever want to be is creepy, but I’m pretty confident that when Taylor Swift wrote “You Belong with Me,” she drew thematically from the love story between me and her younger brother, Austin Swift.
From what I’ve gathered from social media, Swift, who graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 2015, is smart, suave, sexy and sensitive, as well as a wizard with cats. (Yep, he checks all the boxes.)
Here are 15 definitive reasons why Swift the Younger is basically perfect.
1. Because he’s more exuberant than a yak and I love yaks.
2. Because his face is just, like, very good.
3. Because he could introduce me to One Direction, but don’t worry, I’d be very, very cool and calm about it.
4. Because his back appears to be quite strong.
5. Because he loves his mom.
6. Because the way he furrows his brow is charming as hell.
7. Because – have we mentioned this yet? – he cleans up gooood.
8. Because he third-wheels like a champion, thus proving he is very secure in himself, which is truly nice.
9. Because I want him to look at me the way he looks at this koala.
10. Because he wears hats sometimes.
11. Because we want to hear the full story behind this Halloween costume.
12. Because he’s yummier than an Ina Garten American flag cake.
13. Because he plays well with cats.
14. Because he is a man of the theatre.
15. Because, well, this.
Not that we’re already thinking about marriage, but can you imagine having Taylor Swift as a sister-in-law? Because we physically cannot even.