American Idol Tryouts Set to Begin
San Diego will be the first city for auditions, with six more to follow
Think you’ve got what it takes to win American Idol? Can you see yourself as the next golden-throated superstar adored by millions? Confident you could survive Simon Cowell‘s insulting jibes and mean-spirited put-downs?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then get in line.
The immensely popular FOX talent hunt has just scheduled its new audition times and places in seven cities across the country. They are:
- San Diego: July 30 at Qualcomm Stadium
- Dallas: Aug. 6 at Texas Stadium
- Omaha: Aug. 10 at Qwest Center
- Atlanta: Aug. 14 at a location to be announced
- Charleston, SC: Aug. 18 at N. Charleston Coliseum
- Miami: Aug. 22 at AmericanAirlines Arena
- Philadelphia: Aug. 27 at Wachovia Center
Thousands of hopefuls are expected to attend – although in a move considered a possible swipe at big-city folks, the New York Post reports that New Yorkers face a two-hour drive to the nearest tryout town, Philadelphia.
Los Angeles hopefuls will need to travel south some three to four hours, to San Diego.
Next season’s Idol – its seventh edition – is set to start in January 2008.
Jordin Sparks, who triumphed in the most recent May 23 Idol finale, started on her journey at a Seattle tryout – so anything can happen.