Trump This!: 10 of the Week's Most Buzzed-About Political Quotes
"That's the America I know. That's the country we love. Clear-eyed. Big-hearted. Undaunted by challenge. Optimistic that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word. That's what makes me so hopeful about our future."
– President Barak Obama, channeling a bit of Friday Night Lights' Coach Taylor in his final State of the Union address on Tuesday
"Today, we live in a time of threats like few others in recent memory. During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices. We must resist that temptation."
– Gov. Nikki Haley, countering Obama's State of the Union with the GOP response and calling out any fear-mongers at the same time on Tuesday
"I'm very angry. I will gladly accept the mantle of anger."
– Donald Trump, responding to Haley's address comments personally during the sixth Republican debate on Thursday
"I am convinced if this president could confiscate every gun in America he would,"
– Sen. Marco Rubio, speaking about Obama's recent gun control reform during the Republican debates on Thursday
"I think anybody who looks at that ad understands it's not a negative ad, it's absolutely truthful,"
– Sen. Bernie Sanders, responding to comments that his new campaign ad attacks fellow democratic candidate Hillary Clinton on CBS This Morning on Friday
"He is a lot more obsessed with me than I am with him,"
– Hillary Clinton, discussing Trump's feelings with Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show on Thursday
"I'm very happy to get a question this early on. I was going to ask you to wake meaup when the time came.""
– Dr. Ben Carson, giving thanks for some prompt acknowledgement during Thursday's Republican debates
"Enemies of freedom face the music. C'mon boys, take them down. President Donald Trump knows how to make America great. Deal from strength or get crushed every time."
– The Freedom Kids, performing a headline-grabbing song during a Donald Trump rally in Florida on Wednesday
"Unlike another woman in this race, I actually like spending time with my husband,"
– Carly Fiorina, making a pointed remark about Hillary Clinton during her opening statement at the Republican debates on Thursday
"You know, back in September, my friend Donald said that he had had his lawyers look at this from every which way, and there was no issue there,"
– Sen. Ted Cruz, reacting to Trump's questions about his American citizenship at Thursday's Republican debates