10 Best Celeb Quotes This Week
"I thought I was managing my expectations, but on hearing the news I discovered new and unfamiliar vocal tones. Perhaps I should do another musical."
– Colin Firth, referencing his role in Mamma Mia! upon learning he'd been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor in A Single Man
"Face tattoos say, 'I've gone as far as I want to go in society, and in fact, I think I'm going to take a few steps back.'"
– Precious star Gabourey Sidibe, taking a jab at Mike Tyson and his permanent ink, on The View
"To be honest, I'm lured by the acting."
– John Travolta, revealing what compels him to buy infomercial products, on The Late Show with David Letterman
"Jay-Z, did you not get one of these in your gift bag? Am I cooler than you?"
– Stephen Colbert, after using his brand-new Apple iPad to read the nominees for the first award of Sunday night's Grammys
"I once dated a guy who was like, 'Holy sh--, I just made out with Harriet the Spy!' And that's messed up. Don't say that. I was 10, you're 30, it's just weird."
– Michelle Trachtenberg, to Complex magazine
"You know, I'm a lot of things, so I don't like to limit myself…What's so funny about that? When you think of raising money with singing, obviously I'm going to be sitting there."
– Vince Vaughn, on his surprise participation in the "We Are the World" re-recording for Haitian earthquake relief, to MTV