Bored at Home? This Prime Member-Only Perk Gives You Access to 2,000+ Free Books
Here’s how to get in if you’re not a member
If your local library is currently closed, this massive collection of books is the next best thing.
Amazon Prime members can score free reads through the Prime Reading program, which gives subscribers access to a library of 2,000+ books. Think of it as a community library, but just for Prime members! FYI, non-members can get in on this perk and others (like Prime Video streaming, member-exclusive deals, Amazon Music streaming, and more) by signing up for a free 30-day trial.
To access the collection, simply log into your Prime account and head to the Prime Reading page. You’ll need to download Amazon’s free Kindle app, which you can set up on your Kindle, tablet, or cell phone — no Amazon device required. There you’ll find all sorts of titles, including classics, nonfiction, children’s books, and more.
Free and Popular Books on Amazon Prime Reading:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals by Rachel Hollis
- Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
And if you’re not sure where to start, take a cue from Amazon’s latest showcase that celebrates Women’s History Month. It features hand-picked 32 works from female authors spanning all subjects. Browse the entire selection through the Prime Reading library, or pick one from the curated list right here.
Free Women’s History Month Books on Amazon Prime Reading:
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
- Born Survivors: Three Young Mothers and Their Extraordinary Story of Courage, Defiance, and Hope by Wendy Holden
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
- The Broken Circle: A Memoir of Escaping Afghanistan by Enjeela Ahmadi-Miller
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- The Good Earth (The Good Earth Trilogy) by Pearl S. Buck
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Do you love a good deal? Sign up for PEOPLE’s Shopping newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest sales, plus celebrity fashion, home decor and more. And check out PEOPLE’s Coupons page for even more discounts.