5-Minute Workouts from Top Celebrity Trainers
Five celebrity trainers share the best workouts for when you're short on time
Just because you’re short on time doesn’t mean you can’t squeeze in a workout!
Five celebrity trainers share exercise sessions you can do in just five minutes, whether you want to burn calories or mentally chill out.
1. For a full-body burn, try this set of moves from AKT in Motion creator Anna Kaiser, who trains Karlie Kloss, Kelly Ripa and Shakira. Do 30 seconds of each: plank jacks, push-ups, push-offs, deep-squat heel clicks, right and left lateral-lunge push-offs holding weight, high knees, triceps leg switches and single leg teasers with weight. “This will torch calories!” says Kaiser.
2. To clear the mind and become engaged in the moment, try this routine from Taryn Toomey, creator of The Class (Jennifer Aniston is a fan!). “Sit upright and take 10 deep, full, cleansing breaths for 1 minute,” says Toomey. “Do 1 minute of Kapalbhati breathing – short exhales out of the nose. Do 2 minutes of jump squats. Finish with a 60-second silent meditation.”
3. To lengthen and decompress, follow this regimen created by Dr. Eric Goodman, who has worked with Chris Hemsworth, Matthew McConaughey, Jeff Bridges and Rob Lowe. “Take 4-8 deep breaths while standing,” says the author of True to Form. “Then move to a wide-leg founder pose, followed by lunges. Next do a woodpecker pose, one on each leg. Finish by standing up and relaxing with 4-8 deep breaths.”
• For more health and fitness tips, check out PEOPLE’s annual Wellness Issue, in homes in September
4. To strength train, do this workout created by The Hollywood Trainer Jeanette Jenkins, who got both Kelly Rowland and Pink back into shape after they had their babies: burpees, 15-25 reps; squat jumps, 25-30 reps; push-ups, 25-50 reps; bicycle crunches, 25-50 reps; ab plank, 60 seconds. “These deliver amazing results!” says Jenkins.
RELATED VIDEO: Kelly Rowland and Her Trainer Show us 10 Moves in 5 Minutes!
If you want to work every muscle in your body, follow this routine created by Blake Lively‘s trainer, Don Saladino: body-weight squats, 5 reps; push-ups, 5 reps; toe touches, 5 reps; bear crawls, 5 reps forward and backward; lateral bounding, 5 reps each side. Continue for 5 minutes. “This will kick-start your metabolism!” says the Drive founder.
• With reporting by ANTOINETTE COULTON and CATHERINE KAST