10 Times the Stranger Things Kids Were the Best Part of the 2017 SAG Awards
It should come as no surprise that the Stranger Things kids had the most fun at the Screen Actor's Guild Awards.
It should come as no surprise that the Stranger Things kids had the most fun at the 2017 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
In the months since their hit Netflix series blew up, the cast have become a red carpet staple, mingling with the stars (who are just as star-struck to meet them) and being adorable in their interviews.
Here are the nine reasons why Caleb McLaughlin, Gaten Matarazzo, Millie Bobby Brown, Noah Schnapp and Finn Wolfhard won the night.
1. When they were clearly the best-dressed clique at the function.
We have yet to see a more dapper-looking group of preteens.
2. When they were honest about the process.
After Caleb McLaughlin bragged about his ability to keep a secret during an interview with E!’s Brad Goreski, Finn Wolfhard revealed, “We’ve done two years of training on what to say and what not to say.” Gaten Matarazzo even revealed that the cast is handed a “piece of paper” that tells them “you can say this, and you can’t say this” before hitting the carpet.
3. When Millie Bobby Brown gave a shoutout to her character, Eleven.
And rocked a headband like we’ve never seen a headband rocked before.
4. When seeing Barb alive warmed hearts everywhere.
This comes as a huge relief, though it doesn’t seem like she learned her lesson re: hanging out with a wholesome crowd.
5. When they mingled with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt‘s Tituss Burgess, and our pangs of jealousy were debilitating.
This doesn’t seem fair.
6. When Matarazzo, 14, revealed his good luck secret. (It’s socks.)
“I have my awesome Star Wars socks on,” he told PEOPLE. “Pretty cool.”
7. When Millie Bobby Brown tried to photobomb the gang, and it ended up being the cutest encounter of all time.
Now that we think of it, Brown should start hosting awards shows. She’s ready.
8. When Schnapp told the story of how he and Brown worked up the courage to introduce themselves to Justin Timberlake.
“Me and Millie were like ‘Should we go up? What do we say?’ and we were freaking out and then we went up and he was super cool, super grounded,” he said.
9. When McLaughlin said he was the best at keeping secrets of the whole cast after he was asked for season two details.
“I think I’m the hardest person to break,” he said. “I’m just that person.”
We wish secret-keeping was a virtue that was valued after childhood.
10. When they won best ensemble in a drama and could NOT believe it.
Winona Ryder was shocked, too (and showed off her incredible range of facial expressions.)
Season 2 cannot come soon enough!